Safe Routes holds monthly public meetings at the Chagrin Falls Public Library (upstairs meeting room) on the second Tuesday of each month at 8 PM. The topics of past meetings are listed below; future meeting topics are announced in the “Upcoming Events” tab on our home page.
- Crossing Guard program planning meeting. Training will be in August. Volunteer recruitment begun.
August 10, 2010
- General public meeting. Formed committees for the year.
September 7 and 14, 2010
- Welcome back to school meeting. General announcements to the public. Groups formed for Walk to School Day event in October.
October 5, 2010
- Walk to School Day planning groups.
November 9, 2010
- Walk to School Day wrap up meeting. Discuss successes and failures. Plan for changes next year. Plan to improve snow removal in winter.
December 14, 2010
- No meeting.
January 11, 2011
- Crossing guards met to discuss changes in pedestrian numbers during winter months.
February 8, 2011
- Student walking contests and incentive programs for spring on agenda. (Canceled due to weather.)
March 8, 2011
- Bell Street traffic and speed concerns. Residents will be invited to review data collected in a recent traffic survey.